In a report today the BBC says: The Minneapolis airport toilet where US senator Larry Craig was arrested for allegedly soliciting gay sex is now attracting tourists, say airport staff.”
So, it got me thinking. What other odd places in the world deserve to be made into tourist attractions? After all, everytime someone gets shot (John Lennon, President Kennedy) or does something remarkable, they turn it into a money-spinner. So here are a few more suggestions.
- The fax machine office from which actor Daniel-Day lewis dumped – via fax – his then seven-months pregnant wife Isabelle Adjani
- The train station in London where drunk Kevin Reynolds recently punched Sir Alex Ferguson in the groin
- The “Brown-paper Envelope Tour”: Starts at AIB branch on Baggot St., passes the AIB on O’Connell St., then up north to St. Luke’s in Drumcondra, before ending at Abbeville (apologies to my non-Irish readers!)
- The “Gross Corruption/Planning Fiasco Tour”: Takes in Tara and the M3, Quarryvale, Carrickmines Castle, Eircom’s Ballsbridge site, the IFSC, and Lucan(ditto)
- The hotel in Brooklyn where David Beckham and Posh Spice conceived their son, Brooklyn